Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In-Class Essay

Different students have their own reasons to attend different school, and most of them have a goal which they want to achieve in school. It is my first semester in College of Alameda. I have my own reason and goal to achieve in this college. Transportation is the reason that I attend this college, and a transfer to a four-year university is my goal.

Transportation is the reason that I attend to College of Alameda. Before my family moved to Alameda, I attended City College of San Francisco. The college was three block away from my home, and it was very convenient for me to go to school. However, after my family move to Alameda, going to school was very agonizing for me. I had to spend two hours at least to commute between Alameda and San Francisco every school day, and the commute costs me twelve dollars a day. However, attending College of Alameda makes me save my time and money in transportation. I ride a bike to school every day, and it takes me about 20 minutes to commute from my home to the college. So, I can have more time in study. On the other hand, because the college is close to my home, I can eat a lunch and take a nap at home. That is the reason that I attend this college.

A transfer to a four-year university is my goal at College of Alameda. My major is Electronic Engineering, and I want to transfer to San Jose State University. Except chemistry course, I have already finished all my major courses which the transfer requires to take, but my English level is too low to transfer. The admission requirement requires me to reach the level of English 1B, and I am taking the course of English 201A now. I will take the course of English 201B in summary and English 1A and 1B in the following two semesters so that I can be able to transfer to San Jose State University in one year. In addition, because the fee of a university is higher than the fee of a college, I will take some courses which the university requires to graduate and I can take in this college so that I can save my money and raise my GPA.

My several friends enrolled in City College of San Francisco with me at the same time, but they already transferred to a four-year university. It is my first semester in College of Alameda. I want to improve my reading and writing ability in this college, and I also want to transfer to San Jose State University in a year. I hope that I will have a good career and support my family after I graduate at the university.

No comments:

Post a Comment